Tuesday, February 18, 2014

True Love Waits

In today's society, a girl's purity is not often treasured. However, girls who do decide to stay pure for their wedding day have something great to give to their new husband!

I believe that one of the most important decisions that I have made in my life, was to promise to stay pure for my future marriage. I made this promise on my 12th birthday to God, my parents and whoever is my future husband. On my 16th birthday, my parents gave me a purity ring to signify and remind me of my promise.

You may be asking why I made this decision and why I hold the idea so highly. As a Christian, I believe that fleeing from sexual immorality is a commandment given by God. Therefore, it is important to me that I obey this commandment.

What can a person get out of keeping this promise? They can have a healthy body and a peace of mind, knowing that when they go into marriage, they will not have regrets, concerning their purity. God has given intimacy between a husband and a wife as a gift. It should not be taken for granted and misused, but, instead held as a treasure.



"Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body." ~1 Corinthians 6:18 ESV






"For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, not in the passion of lust like the Gentiles who do not know God;..." ~1 Thessalonians 4:3-5 ESV


"Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled...." ~Hebrews 13:4 ESV





If you have already made the decision to give away your purity, outside of marriage, God is a gracious and loving God and giver of forgiveness! If you want forgiveness, ask Him to forgive you and He will! 

If you are not in a relationship, remember that Valentine's Day is a popular holiday intended as a time to show love to others, of all relationship types- family, friends, co-workers, etc. 

"Love one another with brotherly affection. Out do one another in showing honor." ~Romans 12:10 ESV

If you are interested in learning more about keeping your purity, I encourage you to read the Bible and Christian books about this topic. You can start by clicking HERE to look at Bibles and HERE to view "And the Bride Wore White" by Dannah Gresh for young women. (I personally read this book and loved it! It is fun, challenging and encouraging!) 

If you would like to browse purity jewelry, you can click HERE or HERE, for starters.

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things." ~Philippians 4:8 ESV

This weekend, as you celebrate the wonderful holiday of Valentine's Day, showing love toward others, I encourage you to seriously consider your choices and choose wise decisions. Happy Valentine's Day and may God bless you!

Here are a couple of pictures of my purity ring....

1 comment: